My blog comes with my standard WARNING: This is my journal and it will have details that no one else will care about except me. It will have typos, spelling and grammar errors.
Read at your own risk.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

Today's schedule was exactly like yesterday at TAS. Today, however, she spoke to juniors and seniors. The response to Noemi and questions, comments after her speech had us in tears. It doesn't feel right to type up the details as their stories were so personal. Noemi, obviously changed lives today and it was incredible to witness it.

The TAS administrators took us out for Thai food for lunch today. INCREDIBLE!

One of the TAS teachers and his wife (who is Taiwanese) took us to one of their favorite restaurants for dinner. It was great having a local coach us to what to eat and how. The food is so good. Dessert was like a crepe with plum in it. After dinner was a trip to Shilin night market. When Noemi saw the crowds, she decided to stay in the van with Mr. Sun while the rest of us took a quick walk around. It boils down to lights, food stalls, people, shopping and just plain craziness I loved it! The next stop was to have their favorite dessert. I could never pronounce what we had, but soybean, taro and other “interesting” things. Noemi loved it. Ken and I? It was okay.


Mr. Sun has become my buddy. We have talked about diet he is a vegetarian), feng shut, McDonalds, natural medicine and ambling. When he goes by Starbucks he looks at me and would always e willing to stop. He is so kind and laughs when I tease him. Poor guy has a hard time saying my name though.



5 comments:

  1. You did it!!! The night market. I love Mr. Sun, because you do. He sounds like our kind of guy. Can you bring him home? I can feel the power Noemi is having on the students through your writings, even though you have revealed a thing. What an awesome experience for the students, staff, you, Ken and Noemi. I'm so glad this has been a postive experience. See ya soon....
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous, eat some of that Thai food for me.....delic!
    Sounding more amazing as the days go on.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I had a good breakfast but your pictures are making me hungry already.
    So glad it's going so well at the school and the kids are making connections... such valuable sharing.
    The market sounds exciting, but a little overwhelming... I might have stayed in the car, too! (or not)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thai food, my favorite, you think that Kelli is jealous, I can't even tell you how jealous I am...lol Glad that you are having a great time. Vi asked about you, and she said when she went she came home with a lot of silk scarves. They are heading to Egypt...
    Love ya wish I was with you
    Sondra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bakkens! Just catching up on your adventures since we were in Eastern Washington for a few days. Sounds like you're having a fabulous trip. Once again, thanks for taking us along! Bob and Barb

    ReplyDelete