My blog comes with my standard WARNING: This is my journal and it will have details that no one else will care about except me. It will have typos, spelling and grammar errors.
Read at your own risk.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Impressions of Taipei

The City: huge (population in the city=Australia), brightly lit, tree lined streets, chaotic, modern

The People: soft spoken, kind, helpful

Traffic: insane, LOTS of scooters

Food: fresh, abundant seafood, produce, excellent

Mr. Sun:
Kind, gentle life saver He is trying to teach us some basic Manderin. Lots of luck on that one !

Weather: rainy, high 70’s, a little humid (it should clear tomorrow)
This experience: PRICELESS

2 comments:

  1. That is the information that I wanted. Thanks. You have a great way of giving us the 'feel' of Taipei...the sights, smells and sounds. I love that you have walked through some of the markets. Brian recognized Ken's flower pictures! Takes us right back:) We chuckled at the Lyon story! We just returned from the Harmony Halloween carnival. Do they celebrate Halloween there? Beautiful day in Whatcom county...sunny but chilly. We wait anxiously for your next blog entry. Sounds like you are absorbing everything. Love to hear that Noemi has been so warmly received! Well deserved.
    Love.....J and B

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am amazed at the beauty of it all. The pictures are just wonderful as your moderating is....Can't wait to see more. I always look at the clock and try to figure out what you are doing... Most of the time you are probably sleeping.....
    Love ya Sondra

    ReplyDelete