My blog comes with my standard WARNING: This is my journal and it will have details that no one else will care about except me. It will have typos, spelling and grammar errors.
Read at your own risk.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Good-Bye Taipei







After breakfast the reporters came to interview Noemi. One was from the Taipei Times and another from The China Post (amazing to think about). Since Noemi has a sitting room, they interviewed her there. Ken and I stayed in the room to make sure they didn't stay longer than we told them they could (we are escorts, body guards, managers). They did stay longer, but it was with Noemi's okay.

At 11am, Mr. Sun arrived to take us to Yangmingshan. It is a winding road up, up, up to look out over the City. It is a bit hazy today, but still an incredible view. While we were up there, Mr. Sun really wanted to feed us. We finally relented and he bought us a bag of warm peanuts. What a surprise when we opened them up to eat them! Soft, almost like peanut butter! They are warmed by having a pot of boiling water under them (so basically steamed). In March the area is in full blossom and Mr. Sun says it is even more beautiful. He told us to return to see it and when we did, we would be his guests at his favorite vegetarian restaurant. I think he worked late last night so he could tour us today. He asked if we had a ride from Seattle. I asked if he was offering us that ride. Mr. Sun laughs at everything I say, so be prepared...when I get home, I am used to having ALL my jokes laughed at and people bowing at me!

We are now back in the room getting organized. Pat and Robin will be here at 4pm to say good bye. Mr. Sun takes us to the airport at 7:30pm. Our flight leaves at 11pm (Taipei time) and we arrive in Seattle around 6:30pm Friday.

What have I taken away from Taipei? The people are incredibly warm and friendly. The food is amazing. The school just can't be put into words. The children (as well as the adults) all needed to hear Noemi's talk, but in each group there were always someone who had just had a parent die or was obviously struggling with something. They would ask a question or make a comment that would have me in tears. I usually heard sniffling behind me and it was Ken.

Noemi left thousands with something to think about. They say they are better for it. We, however, are also better having met team. Sally~





3 comments:

  1. Okay, now you have me crying. Have a safe trip home so we can get more details. This all sounds so incredible...for everyone. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWH! Priceless is all I can say.
    You should be boarding your flight in about an hour.
    Looking forward to ALL the stories and hearing about the next trip?!?! ;0)
    Again safe travels and talk to you TONIGHT!!!!!!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly, the decision to make this trip was the right one. Can't wait to hear it all in person.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete