My blog comes with my standard WARNING: This is my journal and it will have details that no one else will care about except me. It will have typos, spelling and grammar errors.
Read at your own risk.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Answers to questions you may have and itinerary

Why are you going to Taipei?

Good question! A few years ago, my friend Robin and her husband Pat and their two children moved to Taipei so that Robin and Pat could teach at the Taipei American School. They return home each summer for a visit and we stay in contact via email. A couple weeks ago, I got an email from Robin asking if my daughter-in-law's Grandmother, Noemi, would be willing to come to their school to speak to the students. Noemi is a Holocaust survivor and speaks frequently to groups about her experience. As it turns out, yes, Noemi is willing to make the trip and requested that Ken and I be her escorts. In no time at all, plane and hotel reservations were made for the three of us, and all we have to do is pack our bags and get to the airport.

I thought you were done traveling for a while?
That is just a silly question. If someone offered you an all expense paid trip somewhere, would you say, “Gosh, I’m kind of tired from the last trip”. Well, maybe you would, but it’s just not in us to pass up such an opportunity.

Where in the world is Taipei and what is it like?
I’ll give you a point for another good question, so here you go (click on the links)…..


Itinerary:
Remember: Taipei is 15 hours ahead of us !

October 22 (Thursday): fly out of Seattle Eva Air at 2am
October 23 (Friday): arrive in Taipei at 5:45am
(this would be 2:45pm on Thursday, Washington time)

Ambassador Hotel will be our "home away from home"

October 30 (Friday): leave Taipei 11pm
(this would be 8am Friday, Washington time)
October 30 (Friday): arrive Seattle 6:25pm

5 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!!! Wish Noemi needed a third escort, looks like great food, culture, sightseeing AND SHOPPING ;0)
    ~KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly I am sending this comment to make sure I can do it and it works. I hope you have a terrific time. Thanks for sending me your blog address. I am looking forward to reading it.
    Sharon Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordinarily I'd be bitter and jealous, but actually, you deserve it. How amazing and great it all sounds.
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and jealous at the same time. Seriously have a great time and give Robyn my best. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you get to ride a wickshaw

    ReplyDelete